SecSoft Cyber-Security Workshop 2022
The 4th International Workshop on Cyber-Security in Software-defined and Virtualized Infrastructures (SecSoft) on 1st July 2022 is a joint initiative by the Horizon 2020 EU projects GUARD, RAINBOW, SIMARGL, PALANTIR, INSPIRE-5GPlus, and SIFIS-HOME to create a dialogue about emerging cyber-security paradigms for virtualized environments and critical infrastructures.
Evolving business models are progressively reshaping ICT services and infrastructures, with a growing softwarization trend, the massive introduction of virtualization paradigms, and the tight integration with the physical environment. Unfortunately, the evolution of cyber-security paradigms has not followed with the same pace, leading to a substantial gap in solutions capable of protecting the new forms of distributed and heterogeneous systems against an evolving landscape of cyber-threats.
Traditional security tools that organizations have long relied on to protect their networks (i.e., antivirus, intrusion prevention systems, firewalls) are no longer capable of providing sufficient security guarantees against the rapid escalation of advanced persistent threats and multi-vector attacks. The growing complexity of cyber-attacks are urgently demanding more correlation in space and time of (apparently) independent events and logs, and a higher degree of coordination among different security mechanisms.
Topics of interest
This workshop aims to gather together novel approaches for providing organizations the appropriate situational awareness in relation to cyber security threats allowing them to quickly detect and effectively respond to sophisticated cyber-attacks.
Topics of interest includes but are not limited to:
- Cyber-security platforms and architectures for digital services;
- Security, trust and privacy for industrial systems and the IoT (including smart grids);
- Monitoring and advanced data collection and analytics;
- Virtual and software-based cyber-security functions;
- Orchestration and Automatic Configuration of security functions;
- Novel algorithms and models for attack detection and threat identification;
- Authentication, Authorization and Access control;
- Intelligent attack mitigation and remediation;
- Machine learning, big data, network analytics;
- Secure runtime environments, including trustworthy systems and user devices;
- Formal methods and policies for security and trust;
- Trusted computing;
- Information flow control;
- Risk analysis and management, Audit and Accountability;
- Honeypots, forensics and legal investigation tools;
- Threat intelligence and information sharing.
Multi-disciplinary and collaborative research projects are encouraged to submit joint papers describing their integrated architectures and cyber-security platforms, with special emphasis on how they address the challenging cyber-security requirements of softwarized environments and critical infrastructures.
Workshop paper submission deadline: 28 February 2022
Workshop paper acceptance: 11 April 2022
Camera-ready papers: 25 April 2022
Workshop date: 1 July 2022
Fulvio Valenza, Politecnico di Torino, Italy
Antonio Skarmeta, University of Murcia, Spain
Matteo Repetto, IMATI-CNR, Italy
Michał Choraś, FernUniversitat in Hagen, Germany
Antonio Lioy, Politecnico di Torino, Italy
Andrea Saracino, IIT-CNR, Italy